FFXIV A Realm Reborn
Jump to Section: Airship Repair – Charting Voyages – Second Airship – Items Retrieved – Crafting Recipes – Prototypes – Outfitting – Parts and Stats – Diadem Requirements
The first DIA FC airship, DIA Airlines, was completed through the joint effort of: Neuflune Mochiko, Seed Strife, D’nyamis Spiritus, Quanta Domino, Zero Rien and Jhasperr Preness of the free company Discordia @ Carbuncle.
July 02, 2015 – Repairing airship components, charting voyages.
July 07, 2015 – Minor notes.
July 17, 2015 – Information: FC Airship 2 unlocked after exploring Sector 8. Requires 3 Flight Credits.
July 21, 2015 – Added list of retrieved items per sector. This will be continuously updated as we explore sectors.
July 21, 2015 – Recipes for Aetherial Wheel and Airship. This will be continuously updated as we unlock it.
July 29, 2015 – Materials needed for Prototypes. Completed! Thanks T’ai Winterrain!
August 05, 2015 – Rank and Airframe Capacity for outfitting airship parts
August 12, 2015 – Updated recipes in PDF; now includes Odyssey airship parts.
August 13, 2015 – Information: FC Airship 3 unlocked after exploring Sector 14. Requires 5 Flight Credits.
August 20, 2015 – Information: FC Airship 1 reached Rank 50. Airframe Capacity: 61
August 30, 2015 – Updated recipes in PDF; now includes Grade 3 Wheel Stand and Aetherial Wheels.
September 01, 2015 – Updated recipes in PDF; now includes Tatanora-type airship parts.
September 06, 2015 – Bulleted outfitting requirements; added Airship Stats section
September 12, 2015 – Information: FC Airship 4 unlocked after exploring Sector 18. Requires 7 Flight Credits.
November 10, 2015 – Patch 3.1 Added Workshop Prototypes/Recipes
November 21, 2015 – Added [New Items] in the lists of retrieved.
November 22, 2015 – Added The Diadem requirements.
Quick Guide to Crafting the FC airship:
Step 1: Pick the Airship list in the Fabrication Station’s Crafting Log.
Step 2: Pick an airship part that you will craft. You start at Phase 1.
Step 3: Contribute the required materials to complete the Phase.
Step 4: Move on to the next Phase. There are 3 phases for each part.
Step 5: Take the part from the Fabrication Station upon completion of Phase 3. Only then can you make another airship part.
Step 6: Go to the Flight Coordinator once you have all of the airship parts.
Step 7: Name your airship (and set other preferences).
Step 8: Start your exploration!
Basic FC Airship: Bronco-type
Items required for an Exploration:
- Airship Parts (Hull, Sail, Forecastle, Aftcastle) for Registration (one-time, can be changed)
- Flight Credit (10,000 FC points @ Resident Caretaker) for Registration (one-time)
- Ceruleum Tank (100 FC points @ Resident Caretaker) for every exploration
** The Resident Caretaker is an NPC in each housing area (e.g. Dappled Stalls at Lavender Beds) **
Things to Remember:
- The order in which you create the airship parts does not matter. You can create Hull first, or Aftcastle first, etc.
- Phase progress is not time-constrained. If you have all of the materials for each Phase, you can continue to the next phase right away.
- Phase 2 and 3 require a party of 4 crafters in the company workshop.
- The party of 4 crafters do not need to be in the same free company.
- Only the crafter party leader can initiate Progress for the airship project.
- It is ideal to use high-quality materials because it increases the Part quality. (EDIT July 07, 2015! At the moment, the effect of HQ materials seems to be purely RNG. Use NQ or HQ, it’s up to you!)
- Airships can be renamed.
- Explorations are like Ventures; they last for 18 hours or so but can be recalled.
- Better airship parts (obtained by creating Airship Prototypes) have different/better stats.
Repairing Airship Components:
- Recipe for Airship Repair Materials are: Crystals (depends on the crafter recipe), Dark Matter Cluster (unspoiled mining nodes) and Grade 6 Dark Matter (120 gil @ Dark Matter-selling NPCs/Tool Merchants)
- Airship Repair Materials can be crafted by any crafter (including Culinarian) as long as they have obtained the Master 1 Recipe book.
Minor rant: It’s annoying that the game keeps saying “To repair a component, access the flight control panel and select an airship, followed by Repair airship components. Please note that you cannot do so without the requisite materials.” but does not say how the materials can be obtained. Since the recipe is a Master 1 book, not all crafters will be able to see it in their recipe list even as they level up.
- Upon reaching a higher rank, your airship can explore more areas.
- You chart each voyage and make the airship explore different areas by clicking the names in the Voyage Details Destination list. Each destination uses up at least one Ceruleum Tank. Distant sectors may use up more tanks.
- Note that some areas can only be explored in a certain order.
- Also note that the Return Time changes depending on the combination of areas that you picked. Chart your voyages wisely.
Unlocking Second Airship
As of the moment, “how to unlock second airship” does not have solid information. This is mostly because each FC can unlock the second airship once, and thus cannot repeat/test procedures to find out how they unlocked it. However, based on speculation on the FFXIV forums, Reddit, and how we unlocked our second airship, I hope this information that I provide will be relevant and helpful.
Voyage finalized, Rank 22 achieved, second airship unlocked. I am absolutely sure that this option was not present when the airship was Rank 21 because I was the one who sent it out on a voyage then.
The list of sectors that our first FC airship unlocked until it reached Rank 22. I unlocked different sectors by plotting at least two Destinations per voyage; three if the voyage details allows it. Note that Return Times vary depending on the order of the islands visited. In this example, 17+20+14 is the “optimal” combination at 38 hours and 15 minutes; 20+17+14 is a few minutes more than that, and 14+17+20 is a few hours more than that.
Our FC now has two airships: DIA 1 is an Invincible-type and DIA 2 is a Bronco-type. Our second airship used the old parts from the first airship.
The FC activity log which states that a second airship may be registered.
- Sector 1: Bamboo Weave, Vivianite, Ferberite, Vitality Materia III, Lightning Crystal, Dexterity Materia III, Wind Crystal
- Sector 2: Bamboo Weave, Vivianite, Gold Ore, Water Crystal, Battledance Materia III, Fire Crystal
- Sector 3: Balsa Wood Scrap, Red Moko Grass, Earth Crystal, Ice Crystal, Craftsman’s Competence Materia III, Craftsman’s Command Materia III
- Sector 4: Balsa Wood Scrap, Red Moko Grass, Water Crystal, Gatherer’s Guile Materia III, Gatherer’s Grasp Materia III, Scarlet Sap
- Sector 5: Empty Crystal, Savage Might Materia III, Vitality Materia III, Wind Crystal, Birch Branch, Deep-red Crystal, Lightning Crystal
- Sector 6: Empty Crystal, Deep-green Crystal, Quicktongue Materia III, Ice Crystal, Dark Chestnut Branch, Earth Crystal
- Sector 7: Red Clay, Deep Blue Crystal, Fine Alumen, Water Crystal, Fire Crystal, Craftsman’s Cunning Materia III
- Sector 8: Balsa Wood Lumber, Iron Giant Core, Raw Celestine, Mind Materia III
- Sector 9: Balsa Wood Lumber, Wind Crystal, Lightning Crystal, Raw Celestine, Toy Box Schema, Quickarm Materia III
- Sector 10: Black Clay, Scarlet Sap, Raw Celestine, Fire Crystal, Gatherer’s Guerdon III, Water Crystal, Gatherer’s Guile III, Gatherer’s Guile III, [Potter’s Stone]
- Sector 11: Chemically Treated Chimera Hide, Intelligence Materia III, Synthetic Fiber, Magnanimous Mogcrown, Ice Crystal
- Sector 12: Chemically Treated Chimera Hide, Fire Crystal, Dexterity Materia IV, Water Crystal, Synthetic Fiber, Dark Chestnut Branch, Shrub Seedling
- Sector 13: Chemically Treated Chimera Hide, Synthetic Resin, Ferberite, Ice Crystal, Earth Crystal, [Dravanian Mote]
- Sector 14: Aetherochemical Fiber, Gold Ore, Cassia Log, [Oriental Grass]
- Sector 15: Vitality Materia IV, Magnanimous Mogcrown, Platinum Ore, Cassia Log, Aetherochemical Fiber
- Sector 16: Empty Cluster, Cassia Log, Fire Crystal, Scarlet Sap, Far Eastern Coin
- Sector 17: Birch Branch, Craftsman’s Command III, Deep-red cluster, Craftsman’s Competence IV, Toy Box Schema, Dusk Leather
- Sector 18:
- Sector 19: Deep-blue Cluster, Ferberite, Piety IV, Dusk Leather
- Sector 20: Gold Ore, Dusk Leather, Deep-red Cluster, Battledance Materia IV
- Sector 21: Savage Might Materia IV, Quicktongue Materia IV, Platinum Ore, Deep-green Cluster, [Wind Silk]
- Sector 22: Gatherer’s Guile Materia IV, Dusk Leather, Gatherer’s Grasp Materia IV, Deep-blue Cluster, Iron Giant Core, Gatherer’s Grasp Materia III, Cassia Log
Free Company Workshop Crafting Recipes
Partial screenshot of list of recipes
Download the PDF: FFXIV Wheel and Airship Recipes Sep 1
In this PDF:
- Level 2 Aetherial Wheel Stand
- Level 3 Aetherial Wheel Stand
- Grade 2 Aetherial Wheels
- Grade 3 Aetherial Wheels – Do note that not all Company Actions have Grade 3 versions.
- Bronco-type airship parts
- Invincible-type airship parts
- Enterprise-type airship parts
- Invincible II-type airship parts
- Odyssey-type airship parts
- Tatanora-type airship parts
Level 3 Wheel Stand with Grade 1 (green), Grade 2 (yellow) and Grade 3 (blue) wheels
Free Company Crafting Prototypes
- Airship Projects
- Prototype II (Invincible): Bamboo Weave x 6
- Prototype III (Enterprise): Balsa Wood Scrap x 10, Bamboo Weave x 4
- Prototype IV (Invincible II): Balsa Wood Lumber x 10, Bamboo Weave x 4
- Prototype V (Odyssey): Synthetic Fiber x 14, Balsa Wood Scrap x 4
- Prototype VI (Tatanora): Aetherochemical Fiber x 14, Balsa Wood Lumber x 4, Bamboo Weave x 4
- Housing Projects
- Restaurant Prototype: Red Clay x 10
- Armor Shop Prototype: Black Clay x 10
- Weapon Shop Prototype: Synthetic Resin x 9, Black Clay x 8
- Patch 3.1: Moghouse Prototype: Synthetic Resin x11, Black Clay x10, Bamboo Weave x8
- Aetherial Wheel Projects
- Aetherial Wheel Prototype II: Empty Crystals x 6
- Aetherial Wheel Prototype III: Empty Crystals x 6
- Aetherial Wheel Prototype IV: Empty Crystals x 6
- Aetherial Wheel Prototype V: Empty Cluster x 4, Synthetic Resin x 2
- Aetherial Wheel Prototype VI: Empty Cluster x 4, Synthetic Resin x 2
- Aetherial Wheel Prototype VII: Empty Cluster x 4, Synthetic Resin x 2
- Wheel Stand Prototype II: Empty Cluster x 6, Synthetic Resin x 3, Red Clay x 8
- Patch 3.1: Wheel Stand Prototype III: Empty Cluster x8, Synthetic Resin x5, Red Clay x10
Outfitting Requirements: Rank and Airframe Capacity
Airship parts can be crafted any time; however, outfitting it onto your airship must fulfill these requirements:
- Rank depends on the current rank of your airship.
- Airframe Capacity is the maximum “components” that your airship can be outfitted with. Each airship part has a “Components” value that counts towards this limit. For example, a complete Bronco airship (outfitted with four parts) needs an Airframe Capacity of 12 (3 components per part multiplied by 4). This value increases as your airship ranks up. Listed below are the Ranks and Components required based on their type:
- Rank: 1
- Components: 3
- Full-Bronco Airframe Capacity Needed: 12
- Repair Materials Per Part: 1
- Rank: 5
- Components: 6
- Full-Invincible Airframe Capacity Needed: 24
- Repair Materials Per Part: 2
- Rank: 15
- Components: 11
- Full-Enterprise Airframe Capacity Needed: 44
- Repair Materials Per Part: 3
- Invincible II
- Rank: 25
- Components: 16
- Full-Invincible II Airframe Capacity Needed: 64
- Repair Materials Per Part: 4
- Rank: 35
- Components: 21
- Full-Odyssey Airframe Capacity Needed: 84
- Repair Materials Per Part: 5
- Rank: 45
- Components: 26
- Full-Tatanora Airframe Capacity Needed: 104
- Repair Materials Per Part: 6
Airship Parts and Stats
Airships have five stats: Surveillance (required for exploring sectors, Sectors 17 and higher require at least 90 Surveillance), Retrieval (affects loot retrieval rate), Speed (affects return time), Range (maximum travel distance), Favor (seems to affect weather conditions and loot appearance). Listed below are the stats that each airship part adds to or subtracts from. Any stat that is not listed has a value of “0”.
- Hull: Range (+80), Favor (-10)
- Rigging: Retrieval (-10), Speed (+80), Range (-10)
- Forecastle: Surveillance (+80), Favor (+80)
- Aftcastle: Surveillance (-10), Retrieval (+80), Speed (-10)
- Total Stats if Full-Bronco: Surveillance (70), Retrieval (70), Speed (70), Range (70), Favor (70)
- Hull: Range (+94), Favor (-14)
- Rigging: Retrieval (-14), Speed (+94), Range (-14)
- Forecastle: Surveillance (+94), Favor (+94)
- Aftcastle: Surveillance (-14), Retrieval (+94), Speed (-14)
- Total Stats if Full-Invincible: Surveillance (80), Retrieval (80), Speed (80), Range (80), Favor (80)
- Hull: Range (+108), Favor (-18)
- Rigging: Retrieval (-18), Speed (+108), Range (-18)
- Forecastle: Surveillance (+108), Favor (+108)
- Aftcastle: Surveillance (-18), Retrieval (+108), Speed (-18)
- Total Stats if Full-Enterprise: Surveillance (90), Retrieval (90), Speed (90), Range (90), Favor (90)
- Invincible II
- Hull: Range (+122), Favor (-22)
- Rigging: Retrieval (-22), Speed (+122), Range (-22)
- Forecastle: Surveillance (+122), Favor (+122)
- Aftcastle: Surveillance (-22), Retrieval (+122), Speed (-22)
- Total Stats if Full-Invincible II: Surveillance (100), Retrieval (100), Speed (100), Range (100), Favor (100)
- Hull: Range (+136), Favor (-26)
- Rigging: Retrieval (-26), Speed (+136), Range (-26)
- Forecastle: Surveillance (+136), Favor (+136)
- Aftcastle: Surveillance (-26), Retrieval (+136), Speed (-26)
- Total Stats if Full-Odyssey: Surveillance (110), Retrieval (110), Speed (110), Range (110), Favor (110)
- Hull: Range (+150), Favor (-30)
- Rigging: Retrieval (-30), Speed (+150), Range (-30)
- Forecastle: Surveillance (+150), Favor (+150)
- Aftcastle: Surveillance (-30), Retrieval (+150), Speed (-30)
- Total Stats if Full-Tatanora: Surveillance (120), Retrieval (120), Speed (120), Range (120), Favor (120)
- All party members must be in the company workshop to engage The Diadem via FC airship.
- All party members should have a Mission Ceruleum item in their bag. It costs 80 FC credits each.
- Party members do not have to be in the same FC.
- Only the party leader can make the airship “Embark”.
- The Diadem (Easy)
- Airship Rank: 10
- Surveillance: 70
- Character Level: 60
- The Diadem
- Airship Rank: 25
- Surveillance: 80
- Character Level: 60
- The Diadem (Hard)
- Airship Rank: 50
- Surveillance: 90
- Character Level: 60