Game: Final Fantasy XIV
Patch: 3.15 as of December 16, 2015, 3.25 as of March 29, 2016, 3.3 as of June 7, 2016.
Status: 3.15 Anima Complete, 3.25 Anima Complete, 3.3 Anima Complete.
Patches that affected the Anima Saga quests: 3.35 (“The drop rate for luminous crystals required to undertake the quest “Soul without Life” has been increased.”), 3.38 (“Certain anima weapon quests have been adjusted”)
Jump to: [ Hyperconductive Anima ] [ Quickened Anima ]
The First Step:
- Take the quest “An Unexpected Proposal” from Rowena at Idyllshire x5 y5.
- Speak to Ardashir at Azys Lla x7 y11 to complete the quest. Reward: 1071 gil
The Anima Weapons Saga Officially Begins:
- Take the quest “Soul without Life” from Ardashir.
- Speak to Rowena at Revenant’s Toll x21 y5.
- Speak to Syndony at Revenant’s Toll x22 y5 (second floor, terrace) to acquire Astral and Umbral Nodules.
Options for acquiring an Astral Nodule and an Umbral Nodule
- Option 1: Quote “Players who possess a Zodiac Weapon Zeta may exchange it for both the astral and umbral nodules. Excalibur Zeta must be exchanged together with the Aegis Shield Zeta. Please note, however, that the Zodiac Weapon Zeta will be lost upon completing the exchange.”
Original (left) versus Replica (right). The original Zeta will be lost if given in exchange for Astral and Umbral nodule. A replica can be purchased (Zodiac Weapon Replication) from Drake at Hyrstmill, North Shroud.
Any Zeta weapon can be used to exchange for the astral and umbral nodules e.g. my summoner could use Excalibur and Aegis Zeta to exchange for the nodules.
- Option 2: Quote “Alternatively, players may acquire the astral and umbral nodules in exchange for elementally aspected luminous crystals. These crystals may be obtained, albeit at a low probability, by participating in FATEs in certain areas.”
- Luminous wind crystals = Sea of Clouds
- Luminous fire crystals = Azys Lla
- Luminous lightning crystals = Churning Mists
- Luminous ice crystals = Coerthas western highlands
- Luminous earth crystals = Dravanian forelands
- Luminous water crystals = Dravanian hinterlands
- Players will receive the astral nodule in exchange for three luminous wind, fire, and lightning crystals.
- Players will receive the umbral nodule in exchange for three luminous ice, earth, and water crystals.
- Luminous crystals may be obtained, albeit at a low probability, by participating in the aforementioned FATEs with any class or job, regardless of level.
A Luminous Crystal reminiscent of the good ol’ Atma days.
Nodules can be obtained one at a time, which means you can focus on three types of crystals at a time then exchange it for a nodule to unclutter your bag.
Item Acquisition Testing:
Note: The crystals are put in the Inventory, not in the Key Items bag.
- 3/3 Luminous Ice Crystals in 10 FATEs @ West Coerthas, 1 crystal with party, 2 crystals with just chocobo
- 3/3 Luminous Earth Crystals in 15 FATEs @ Forelands, 1 with party, 2 with just chocobo
- 3/3 Luminous Water Crystals in 34 FATEs @ Hinterlands, all with just chocobo
- 3/3 Luminous Wind Crystals in 27 FATEs @ Sea of Clouds, 1 with party, 2 with just chocobo
- 3/3 Luminous Lightning Crystals in 21 FATEs @ Churning Mists, 1 with party, 2 with just chocobo
- 3/3 Luminous Fire Crystals in 25 FATEs @ Azys Lla, 3 with party
- Speak to Ardashir at Azys Lla. Present one Astral Nodule and one Umbral Nodule to him to finish the quest. Reward: 1447 gil and Animated Anima Weapon (e.g. Animated Almandal for Summoner)
Note: After the first completion of Soul without Life, you will be able to retake the quest for a different job.
- Take quest “Toughening Up” from Ardashir at Azys Lla. Complete the following duties in the listed order to toughen up the Anima weapon. Note that you only need the weapon equipped when you EXIT the duty. Also worth noting is the fact that Level 50 duties can be run unsynched.
- Sastasha (Hard)
- Sunken Temple of Qarn (Hard) – Speak to Ardashir after exiting the duty. A cutscene follows.
- Keeper of the Lake
- Wanderer’s Palace (Hard)
- Amdapor Keep (Hard) – Speak to Ardashir after exiting the duty. A cutscene follows.
- Dusk Vigil
- Sohm Al
- The Aery
- The Vault – Speak to Ardashir after exiting the duty. A cutscene follows.
- Unequip the Animated weapon. Put it in your Armory Chest or Inventory, then speak to Ardashir at Azys Lla to complete the quest. You will be asked if you heard a “woman” or a “man” whispering, and you will be asked to hand over the Animated weapon to Gerolt. Rewards: 848 gil and Awoken Anima Weapon
Note: After the first completion of Toughening Up, you will be able to retake the quest for a different job.
- Take the quest “Coming Into Its Own” from Ardashir at Azys Lla. Reward: 1512 gil and Anima Weapon (e.g. Draconomicon for Summoner)
- Equip or put the Awoken Anima in your inventory. Speak to Cristiana at Mor Dhona x21 y5, the first floor of the House of Splendors. The list of materials that you need to acquire are as follows:
- Enchanted Rubber = 20 Unidentifiable Bone + 4 HQ Adamantite Francesca
- Fast-drying Carboncoat = 20 Unidentifiable Shell + 4 HQ Titanium Alloy Mirror
- Divine Water = 20 Unidentifiable Ore + 4 HQ Dispelling Arrow
- Fast-acting Allagan Catalyst = 20 Unidentifiable Seeds + 4 HQ Kingcake
Related Item Exchange NPCs:
> Hunt Billmaster (Your Grand Company) – Under “Allied Seals (GC) > Others”, Unidentifiable Bone or Unidentifiable Seeds can be purchased for 1000 Allied Seals each. Notably, Unidentifiable Shell and Unidentifiable Ore are items dropped by Heavensward timeworn maps.
> Auriana (Mor Dhona) – Under “Allagan Tomestones of Poetics (Other)”, you can purchase Unidentifiable Bone for 680 Poetics or Unidentifiable Shell for 680 Poetics.
> Hismena (Idyllshire) – Under “Allagan Tomestones of Law (Other)”, you can purchase Unidentifiable Ore for 680 Law or Unidentifiable Seeds for 680 Law.
> Sabina (Idyllshire) – Under “Precision Gordian Part Exchange”, you can purchase the following:
>>> Unidentifiable Bone for ten (10 ) Precision Gordian Bolts, each bolt obtained by clearing Alexander Gordias: The Fist of the Father (Normal Mode).
>>> Unidentifiable Shell for ten (10 ) Precision Gordian Lens, each lens obtained by clearing Alexander Gordias: The Cuff of the Father (Normal Mode).
>>> Unidentifiable Ore for ten (10 ) Precision Gordian Spring, each spring obtained by clearing Alexander Gordias: The Arm of the Father (Normal Mode).
>>> Unidentifiable Seeds for ten (10 ) Precision Gordian Shaft, each shaft obtained by clearing Alexander Gordias: The Burden of the Father (Normal Mode).
Related Beast Tribe NPCs:
> Amalj’aa Vendor (Southern Thanalan) – Under “Steel Amalj’ok Exchange”, you can purchase Unidentifiable Bone for 13 Steel Amalj’ok tokens.
> Sahagin Vendor (Western La Noscea) – Under “Rainbowtide Psashp Exchange”, you can purchase Unidentifiable Shell for 13 Rainbowtide Psashp tokens.
> Kobold Vendor (Outer La Noscea) – Under “Titan Cobaltpiece Exchange”, you can purchase Unidentifiable Ore for 13 Titan Cobaltpiece tokens.
> Sylphic Vendor (East Shroud) – Under “Sylphic Goldleaf Exchange”, you can purchase Unidentifiable Seeds for 13 Sylphic Goldleaf tokens.
> Luna Vanu (Sea of Clouds) – Under “Vanu Whitebone Exchange”, you can purchase Unidentifiable Bone, Unidentifiable Shell, Unidentifiable Ore or Unidentifiable Seeds for 18 Vanu Whitebone tokens each.
Related Crafters (all items to be submitted to Cristiana must be high-quality):
> Adamantite Francesca by Blacksmith Specialist requires Pterodactyl Strap by Leatherworker Specialist
> Titanium Alloy Mirror by Alchemist Specialist requires Titanium Alloy Square by Armorer Specialist
> Dispelling Arrow by Carpenter Specialist requires Blessed Fletchings by Weaver Specialist
> Kingcake by Culinarian Specialist requires Moogle Miniature by Goldsmith Specialist
- Handover the Awoken weapon and the four quest materials to Gerolt at Azys Lla. A cutscene will follow and the quest will be completed. Note: After the first completion of Coming Into Its Own, you will be able to retake the quest for a different job.
Summoner Anima: The Draconomicon
List of Anima Weapons:
Please note that these items can only be equipped by JOBS and not by CLASSES (e.g. Draconomicon can only be equipped by a Summoner, not by an Arcanist)
- Ancile and Almace (Paladin)
- Verethragna (Monk)
- Ukonvasara (Warrior)
- Rhongomiant (Dragoon)
- Gandiva (Bard)
- Kannagi (Ninja)
- Majestas (White Mage)
- Hvergelmir (Black Mage)
- The Draconomicon (Summoner)
- Tetrabiblos (Scholar)
- Nothung (Dark Knight)
- Armageddon (Machinist)
- Deneb (Astrologian)
— This concludes the first part of the Anima Saga. —
Patch 3.25: Hyperconductive Anima
- Take the quest “Finding Your Voice” from Ardashir at Azys Lla. Don’t forget to equip or put your anima in your armory/inventory.
- Your task: Bring 5 Aether Oil to Ardashir. It can be obtained from the following:
- Worth 1800 Esoterics from Hismena in Idyllshire; or
- Reward from the weekly quest “The Gift of the Archmagus” from Koh Rabntah, Mor Dhona. It requires the completion of the Crystal Tower story arc. The first Crystal Tower quest is “Legacy of Allag” from the Outlandish Man at Revenant’s Toll, Mor Dhona.
- Bring the five Aether Oil and your anima weapon to Ardashir. Turn the items over to him to receive the following rewards: 518 gil, Hyperconductive Anima Weapon
- And then… that’s it. It’s a pretty straightforward quest this time.
— This concludes the second part of the Anima Saga. —
Patch 3.3: Quickened Anima
- Take the quest “A Dream Fulfilled” from Ardashir at Azys Lla. Don’t forget to equip or put your anima in your armory/inventory.
- Go to Idyllshire and speak to Ulan at x6 y4.You will be given an Anima Glass; if you lose it, you can ask for another one from Arnott (right beside Ulan). You will also be given Ulan’s Note which has a list of items that can be turned over for Crystal Sands.An Anima quest menu will then be available from Ulan.
Important Note: Ulan will allow you to access the quest menu if you have your Anima weapon equipped. She will not open the menu if you only have the weapon in your armory or inventory.
Foster the anima’s growth will give you access to a Sphere Scroll-esque feature. But worry not! This time, it won’t require copious amounts of materia:
Notably, each Crystal Sand + Umbrite yields THREE Treated Crystal Sands, which translates to THREE POINTS for your quickening.
The required items are Crystal Sand and Umbrite. How to acquire them?
- Umbrite: Hismena, Idyllshire – Esoterics (Others) for 300 esoterics each
- Crystal Sand: From Ulan’s Exchange Items for Crystal Sand option
240 points divided by 3 Treated Crystal Sand = 80. Going by this calculation, you need at most 80 pieces of Umbrite and Crystal Sand, which would create 240 Treated Crystal Sands. However, I recommend treating only 40 pieces of Umbrite and Crystal Sand. You’ll see the reason in the next section.
For now, see the list below for the items that can be exchanged for Crystal Sand:
Next up, upon reaching 120/240 points, the Anima will feel “complete”.
A cutscene will be shown and story-wise, it is revealed that Ulan believes that the Anima should have reached the apex of its power with only 120 Treated Crystal Sands. However, the Anima wishes to become even stronger; Ulan obliges and Ardashir goes off to have Gerolt forge a new weapon to contain the growing power of your Anima. You may then give more Treated Crystal Sands to the Anima.
The cutscene provides an in-game explanation of the succeeding changes to the quest.
After the 120 points/the cutscene, when you convert Crystal Sand and Umbrite to Treated Crystal Sand, you can get a bonus (1 to 5).
After 240 points, a cutscene will be shown. The Anima will feel “heavy” and Ulan will instruct you to take the Anima to Ardashir at Azys Lla so that the Anima’s soulstone can be transferred to a new weapon.
Next step of the quest: Unequip your Anima weapon and put it in the Armory Chest or Inventory*. The Anima glass should also be in your Key Items bag**. Turn the weapon over to Ardashir and a cutscene will be shown.
* If your Anima is equipped or if it is not in your Armory or Inventory for any reason, Ardashir will not have a check mark even if your Anima is complete.
** If the Anima glass is not in your Key Items, the following message will appear: You must have the anima glass in your inventory to proceed with this quest. Speak with Arnott in Idyllshire in order to obtain another.
The summoner weapon: Book of the Mad Queen. Wow I love the summoner relic names… Apocalypse, and now this. -cackles-
Ardashir almost cries like a baby because a plebe like him who doesn’t have Hydaelyn’s blessing can finally see an Anima!
The paladin Quickening Window has two “tabs”: Sword and Shield. Just click the icons on the left side to switch between the tabs.
Note: After the first completion of A Dream Fulfilled, you will be able to torture yourself again- er, retake the quest for a different job.
Another Note: If you talk to Ulan while equipped with a job that has already completed A Dream Fulfilled, you will be presented with two options:
- Recondition the anima of a different weapon.
- Recondition the anima of your equipped weapon.
Reconditioning will allow you to re-assign the stats of your weapon. It does not require any Umbrite (thank the Twelve!) but it does require Crystal Sands.
List of Quickened Anima Weapons:
Information from the Achievements Log. Please note that these items can only be equipped by JOBS and not by CLASSES (e.g. Book of the Mad Queen can only be equipped by a Summoner, not by an Arcanist)
- Sword and Shield of the Twin Thegns (Paladin)
- Sultan’s Fists (Monk)
- Axe of the Bloody Emperor (Warrior)
- Trident of the Overlord (Dragoon)
- Bow of the Autarch (Bard)
- Spurs of the Thorn Prince (Ninja)
- Cane of the White Tsar (White Mage)
- Rod of the Black Khan (Black Mage)
- Book of the Mad Queen (Summoner)
- Word of the Magnate (Scholar)
- Guillotine of the Tyrant (Dark Knight)
- Flame of the Dynast (Machinist)
- Sphere of the Last Heir (Astrologian)
— This concludes the third part of the Anima Saga. —