FFXIV A Realm Reborn
Basic Event Information: At Lodestone
Special Thanks to: T’ai Winterrain and Korua Kirua for accompanying me on my first Haunted Manor instance!
Event Duration: From Wednesday, October 19, 2016 at 08:00 to Tuesday, November 01, 2016 at 14:59 (GMT)
Starting NPC: Adventurer’s Guild Investigator at x10.4 y8.5 Old Gridania (closest aetheryte is the Amphitheater)
Minimum Level: 15
Quest Requirement: Complete “It’s Probably Pirates“
- Take the quest “In a Manor of Spooking” from Adventurer’s Guild Investigator and then speak to the Enthralling Illusionist at the nearby Amphitheatre.
- Go to the following locations to procure the items needed for the quest, in any order:
- Jemime at the Goldsmith’s Guild in Ul’dah Steps of Thal – Grotesque Candelabras (Key Items)
- Distracted Harlequin at the Culinarian’s Guild in Limsa Lominsa Upper Decks – Pumpkin Cookies (will not be in your Key Items or anywhere in your bag)
- Corgg at the Carpenter’s Guild in New Gridania – Pumpkin Lanterns (Key Items)
- Return to the Enthralling Illusionist then head to the Destination at the Leatherworker’s Guild. Speak once again to the Investigator and then speak to the Illusionist.
- Enter The Haunted Manor instance by speaking to the Harlequin Guide and obtain pumpkin cookies. You have to complete the quests of the imps in the manor to obtain the cookies as a reward. For the instance, you can sign up with one to four people and the duty finder will fill in any vacant spots. There is no class limit or requirement because it is not a battle instance. You will get any three of the following quests. Note: There is a Sanity Meter. It lowers when you are spotted by one of the minions. hahaha lol
- Skinchanger: Use smokebomb on pumpkins (Suspicious Pumpkin) to revealed the transformed imp. Even just one player will do. If the chest glows blue, that is the imp. Click it.
- Arcane Circles: Four arcane circles are scattered all over the manor. All four players must stand on each one at the same time.
- Pumpkin Hunt: Find and open all six pumpkins (pumpkin chest).
- Light the Lanterns: Obtain Smoldering Coals and light four Jack o Lanterns.
- Jack in the Box: Use the hints (which you can find in the Manor) to find and open two untrapped Pumpkin Chests. Opening a trapped chest will lower your sanity!
- Coffercracker: Discover the combination and /say the numbers to the coffer. So far the one I played needed 5 numbers.
- Cookie Hunt: Obtain a total of fifteen cookies. Bronze baskets have 1 cookie, silver baskets have 3 cookies, gold baskets have 5 cookies.
- Other Info: Occasionally you will find an Obfuscation Charm. Use it to turn “invisible” for a few seconds so that you can just run past the imps and such. After completing the third task given by the Imp, you will complete the instance.
- After you’ve obtained the cookies from the Manor, show one to the Investigator to complete the quest. Rewards: 3360 exp, 694 gil, Vampire’s Vest (glamour), Seasonal Event Achievement. Note that the Manor instance is repeatable and you can go again to obtain the Pumpkin Cookie token for the other event items.
Other Event NPCs:
- Continental Circus Publicist – Event description and information
- Harlequin Guide – Access to the Haunted Manor instance
- Alluring Peddler – Event Items